Monday, February 16, 2009

It’s the 8th of February and it hit me again: the restlessness. Crap!

I was trying to enjoy the last hours of this weekend by watching some movie and what’s left in my PC was “Slumdog Millionaire,” a Bollywood movie. An almost typical movie about congenital hardships of life: you know, that kind of movie which shows main character’s various hardships throughout his / her lifetime until eventually they gain the ultimate prize for all those hardships.  

The last time I saw this kind of movie was years ago. The title was “Sang Dewi”. At this point, you may wonder about the thing in those movies that make me feel anxious. Let me stretch it for you.
First, I just need to look at myself and my surroundings as I type this word. A decent notebook on my lap, a set of gaming PC in front of me, a refrigerator to lean my back, a shelf full of brick-thick medical textbooks…, the list can be very long. The point is I have luxuries. I’m lucky enough to taste those luxuries. 
Second, I look at my ID card: 23 years old and no job. No financial independence whatsoever. Plus, I will still be a student for the next 20 months. I’m a massively-big spender of someone else’s money. My roommate at high school has already earned decent money for himself, his beautiful wife and his lovely 3 years old daughter. 

Conclusion: I’m not very far from the term “spoiled brat”. 

So, what’s this spoiled brat feel anxious about?
You see, life rotates like a cart wheel. I’ve been regarding all these years as upturns. My artificial luxuries are not really downturns, are they? And what’s waiting for me all along the downturns? Will I be prepared for that? 

No comments: